HEAD OF MARKETING
We have a fantastic Wellington based opportunity for a star marketer who loves the outdoors. Having experienced substantial Australasian growth, we are now looking for further growth internationally and a key role in realising this goal is the Head of Marketing.
Reporting to the CEO, and as a key member of the Leadership Team, the Head of Marketing will lead the development and delivery of our marketing and communications strategies.The role will generate value through creative and innovative brand development that accelerates our business visibility, engagement and growth.
Some key areas of responsibility in the role include:
- Lead the marketing team of 10, comprising of creative, brand managers, content creation, videography, and external suppliers.
- Develop the annual marketing budget and marketing plan and ensure strong ROI.
- Be a key contributor in developing the strategy for growing more international markets.
- Foster and develop industry relationships with customer counterparts, industry bodies etc.
- Utilise data sources to develop marketing communications strategies for strong growth delivery and improved customer engagement .
- Gather insights from data to help drive strategies in wider business ie inputs to new product design.
- Lead the vibrant and engaging brand presentation and product marketing strategies to the buyers and customers.
- Along with being a strategic leadership role, you be operating hands-on with some execution.
- 5+ years in an exceptional senior marketing and communications position, preferably in a leadership position responsible for brand strategy and execution, team management, delivery and performance.
- Experience marketing into international markets, ideally Europe and the US.
- High level of understanding of all things digital marketing and ecommerce is required
- Ideally you’ll have a passion for the outdoors, and preferably have relevant industry experience with outdoor active apparel, gear and associated products in hiking, fishing, hunting, mountain climbing etc.
- Excellent communication/reporting and management skills. Understand the value of planning, setting expectation and managing performance.
- Experience with the development of marketing strategy, the balance with longer term brand development and shorter terms sales need.
- Understand and use data to evaluate, plan, set strategy and make decisions.
- You’re charismatic, creative and will positively engage and lead the marketing team, wider business, buyers and other stakeholders.
- Understand end to end content creation and how to execute this both creatively and efficiently.
- You will be an effective, constructive and valued voice in the Leadership Team and see the wider picture, not just the marketing function.
For more information, or to apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.orgTo be eligible for this role, you must be able to work in New Zealand permanently, therefore you must be a New Zealand citizen, resident, or have already secured a valid visa.